Here in Florida, the Tampa Bay area sees an active hurricane season and mostly tropical climate many months out of each year. Many of our customers own portable generators to protect their homes during long term power outages. Generators are dangerous when used incorrectly.
The Comfort Authority wants you and your family to be safe when using your generator, so we have compiled a fact sheet with some tips for safe usage.
Safety Tips for Generators
- Always follow manufacturer’s instructions concerning how to operate your generator.
- Operate portable generators outdoors where ventilation is good. Carbon monoxide is omitted from generators.
- Turn on your generator before attaching appliances one at a time to avoid overloading the unit.
- Protecting your generator from rain and moisture by covering it with a canopy, reduces electric risks.
- Keep children and pets away from generators.
- Post operating instructions and safety guidelines near the location of your generator.
Call us at (813)575-6996 to answer any questions or to schedule service on your air conditioner today!