The Original Definition of Air-Conditioning
- To maintain a suitable degree of humidity in all seasons and in all parts of a building
- To free the air from excessive humidity during certain seasons
- To supply a constant and adequate supply of ventilation
- To efficiently wash and free the air from all micro-organisms, effluvias, dust, soot, and other foreign bodies
- To efficiently cool the air of the rooms during certain seasons
- To either heat the rooms in winter or to help heat them
- To combine all the above desiderata in an apparatus that will not be commercially prohibitive in first cost or cost of maintenance
Before I began working in the air conditioning industry I’d always thought that an air conditioner’s function was to cool in the summer and heat in the winter. I just needed to push the up arrow for warmer and down for cooler. As far as I was concerned, as long as pushing those buttons did what I expected them to do there were no problems, no matter how high my electric bill was, how uncomfortable some rooms may have been, or how low (or high) I had to set my thermostat to feel comfortable. It was when those buttons didn’t do what I expected that I would call an AC company and, fingers crossed, they would come out, replace a part, and get me back up and running quickly without trying to sell me a new A/C!
Here at The Comfort Authority we believe that the definition developed in 1908 still applies today, and we know that there is only one way to know for sure that your air conditioning system is doing what it was made to do. To do that we must test the AC system, duct work, insulation, home envelope, and most importantly, understand the needs and wants of those living in the space. Many times the answer to a simple question like, “Do you even like the system?” reveals so much about whether or not your a/c system is performing how you want it to, yet when was the last time you were asked that question?
In addition to being able to solve the most complicated comfort concerns and improve the health of your home — all while providing peace of mind — The Comfort Authority offers the finest solutions for your air conditioning and heating needs from single stage cooling to variable compressor technology. If that doesn’t mean anything to you, don’t worry, just know we can provide solutions for any budget, technical demand, and desire you may have. The Comfort Authority has it under control.
Call The Comfort Authority today at (813) 501-2240 to experience air conditioning as it was meant to be! You deserve comfort, health and peace of mind.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★