Even though we have recently seen a slight cool down regarding temperature, Tampa Bay area homes are definitely needing their air conditioners to blow cool air inside.
Understanding the parts and functions of your air conditioner can help you and your chosen professional AC company help with any issues that may arise.
The compressor is a huge part of your home being climate controlled and healthy. It is often considered the “heart” of the AC system. There is a lot to consider if the compressor is not working or requires replacement, so here are a few helpful tips about your air conditioner’s compressor:
All about your compressor
- Your AC unit compressor is a vital part of keeping a comfortable temperature in your home.
- The compressor changes refrigerant into hot gas, making the refrigerant move between the indoor and outdoor coils. This is what cools the inside of your home.
- The compressor is the heart of your unit, so replacing it can be costly.
- On average a compressor costs about $1200 for the parts. In addition to the cost of parts, you will need to consider labor cost.
- Depending on the age of your unit, and the age of certain parts, replacement or a new unit install is recommended. A reliable, professional AC company can help you make the right decision.
The Comfort Authority is here for all your Tampa Bay AC needs 24/7; call us today at (813) 575-6996.